Cricket has been played at The Grove since the founding of the club in 1856/7. We run 3 adult teams and 4 junior teams (3 mixed/boys, 1 girls), and welcome players of all ages and abilities.
On Saturdays Hythe compete in the Kent Regional League and our Sunday team plays in the Kent Village League. We play several non-league matches throughout the season, and have a thriving social cricket team playing on Monday evenings. Whether you are looking to play competitive league cricket or take part in the odd friendly fixture we look forward to welcoming you to the Club.
We have excellent facilities, including modern 2 lane cricket nets, and after an ambitious fundraising effort, a newly laid cricket wicket.
2022 pre-season training is on every 10am-12noon every Saturday in April until the first game on the 30th, followed by 5.30pm Wednesday evening nets from 4th May onwards throughout the season.
We are always looking for new players. If you are thinking of moving clubs, have recently moved to the area or want to get back into the sport, email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Club Members are able to book the nets (one or two lanes) free of charge by contacting cricket @hythecsc.com. The nets can only be used by those with an authorised booking, and the following conditions apply:
- You must be 18 or over to book. Where U18s use the nets at any time during your booking, you must be present and responsible for them.
- All players must wear a helmet and appropriate protection when using a hard ball in the nets.
- Players do not have access to club equipment during personal net bookings.
- You must not share the nets gate code with anyone else.
- At the end of your session, you must lock the nets gate before leaving.