After many years of hard work, the club has earned a good reputation throughout Kent for its Sunday Morning boot fairs which are always well attended by visitors and stall-holders.
As a non-profit making organisation we rely on these events to contribute to the cost of maintaining and improving the club’s facilities, and to support local charities. We thank all those who attend, and look forward to welcoming you all again soon.
Dates for 2021 are yet to be confirmed, dependent upon covid safety regulations.
- Car Parking available on the Cricket Ground – £1 (enter from Stade Street)
- Gates open at 6:15am
- Please DO NOT PARK ON THE TOWPATH
- PITCHES £10 ON THE DAY (£12 FOR SMALL VANS & CARS WITH TRAILER)
- NO FOOD OR DRINK VANS
- Call 01303 267458 (after 6pm, Mon-Fri) for details
We do not tolerate aggressive behaviour or verbal abuse at any time. Anyone found to have breached these standards may be refused entry or may be required to leave the event.
We want everyone who comes to our Boot fairs to have an enjoyable experience.
To help achieve this pitch holders cannot sell
* Illegal ( stolen or counterfeit) items
* Weapons ( including imitations)
* Alcohol, tobacco goods , fireworks
* Live animals, birds, fish
* Food past its sell by date or unfit for human consumption.
We ask that knives ( even kitchen and craft knives) are not offered for sale to anyone due to the difficulties in determining the age of potential purchasers.
These rules apply equally to traders (e.g. people who sell regularly, sell goods bought for resale, make goods for resale) and non-traders (e.g. private individuals selling their own possessions) and are for their own protection and that of buyers.
We recommend buyers think very carefully if considering purchasing.
* Electrical goods ( especially fires, blankets and irons) unless they are from a recent , reputable source and are complete with their original instructions
* Some clothes (check flammability labelling, especially for nightwear) and be aware of the risks posed by children’s’ coats with hood cords
* Cosmetics (unless with their intact original seals)
* Prams, pushchairs, car seats, crash helmets etc. These items met strict safety standards when sold originally by a trader but may now be damaged, albeit not obviously, and also need their original instructions to be properly fitted and operated.
Unlike traders non traders are largely outside the controls of consumer law but goods you offer for sale must match their description. If they do not you are obliged to offer a refund, a replacement or a reduction in price to reflect that misdescription.
The club would like to extend its thanks to all members who give up their time to contribute to the smooth running of the boot fairs. Without all your hard work we could not run these events, and without the income would not be able to keep the club open.
We need helpers from all sections of the club to share the work load. Members are encouraged to lend a hand whenever possible even if only for an hour or two. Please respond to MyCourts emails requesting support when you can help.